Instruction Set Architecture Compliance Definition
The OpenPOWER ISA Compliance Definition defines the test suite requirements to demonstrate OpenPOWER ISA Profile compliance for POWER systems. The purpose of the OpenPOWER ISA Profile Compliance Test Harness and Test Suite (TH/TS) Specification, is to provide the test suite requirements to be able to demonstrate OpenPOWER ISA Profile compliance for POWER based systems.
The input to this specification is the IBM POWER ISA, implementation of all of the ISA is required, there are no optional sections.
The testing of a processor implementation’s compliance against the Power ISA – OpenPOWER Profile ensures that software shown to execute properly on one compliant processor implementation will execute properly on a different also compliant processor implementation. The testing is not intended to show that the processor implementation under test is robust under all possible operating conditions, inputs, or event time interactions. It is intend to show that the processor implementation under test implemented the ISA as specified and the ISA specification was interpreted by the processor developers as intended by the ISA specification author.
This document is a Standard Track, Work Group Specification work product owned by the Compliance Workgroup and handled in compliance with the requirements outlined in the OpenPOWER Foundation Work Group (WG) Process document. Comments, questions, etc. can be submitted to the public mailing list for this document at email@example.com.
Specification File : isa
- version 2.1.0 2020-04-07Approved Specification
- version 2.0.11 2019-10-29Updates for changes identified at the October 29, 2019, Compliance TWG meeting
- version 2.0.9 2019-10-27Updates change doubleword, doubleword, and doubleword to be word, word, word respectively for I-7.4.1.VE0.37 xscvqpswz test results and for I-7.4.1.VE0.39 xscvqpuwz test results
- version 2.0.10 2019-10-24Updates changes to section 18.2. Radix Tree Translation
- version 2.0.8 2019-10-11Updates for changes identified at the October 2, 2019, Compliance TWG meeting and minor changes in part 1
- version 2.0.7 2019-09-06Fixes to sections 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124, and changes to 19.2.20 through the end of the document for ISA 3.0b
- version 2.0.6 2019-08-30Fixes to sections 9.4.2, 12, and 126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52
- version 2.0.5 2019-08-26Updated for ISA 3.0b through end of Part III Section 184.108.40.206
- version 2.0.4 2019-07-26Updated for ISA 3.0b through end of Part III Section 18
- version 2.0.3 2019-06-27Updated for ISA 3.0b through end of Part III 18.6 Storage Protection section
- version 2.0.2 2019-05-28Updated for ISA 3.0b through end of Part II
- version 2.0.1 2019-05-13Updated for ISA 3.0b through end of Part I
- version 1.0.0 2018-01-10Approved specification
- version 0.3 2017-08-29Minor corrections per Sandy Woodward
- version 0.2 2017-08-09Updates per WG Review
- version 0.1 2016-09-30First porting from word to docbook