OpenPOWER Ready Definition and Criteria
The OpenPOWER Foundation set up the OpenPOWER Ready™ program in 2016. Within the program, developers identify products for use by members of the OpenPOWER ecosystem. The OpenPOWER Ready mark indicates that a product should work with other OpenPOWER Ready products. Because of this the OpenPOWER Foundation is suggesting that entities providing such products join the foundation.
Companies and other entities can make a strong statement about their support of the OpenPOWER technology as an alternative to other computing solutions by becoming a member of the OpenPOWER Foundation membership.
The OpenPOWER Ready Definition and Criteria document describes the details of the program. Since there are several types of products categorized in the document they are listed below. Because of the differences between the categories of products the criteria varies between them. Developers will find the categories and criteria described in the document.
OpenPOWER Ready Product Categories :
- System Support Components
- IO Adapters
- Storage controllers
- Network controllers
- Graphics controllers
- CAPI Accelerators : Heterogeneous accelerator attached via a CAPI enabled PCIe Adapter
- OpenCAPI™ 3.0 Adapters
- Operating Systems
- Tool Chains
This document is a Standard Track, Work Group Specification work product owned by the OpenPOWER Ready Workgroup and handled in compliance with the requirements outlined in the OpenPOWER Foundation Work Group (WG) Process document. Comments, questions, etc. can be submitted to the public mailing list for this document.
- version 2.0 2018-04-19workgroup specification
- version 1.9 2018-01-13public review draft
- version 1.6 2017-11-13Replaced most of OPR Trusted Boot and Secure Boot section
- version 1.5 2017-11-12Added PCIe G4 compatibility statement
- version 1.4 2017-11-11Added Section for OPEN CAPI
- version 1.3 2017-11-10Added Section for CAPI SNAP
- version 1.2 2017-08-17Updating sections to include Power 9 criteria
- version 1.1 2017-06-06Updated Intro to reflect changes to submission process via web automation
- version 0.12 2016-03-23Added links to request document templates and modified section 1.6 Scope
- version 0.11 2016-03-22Added link to TMLA text
- version 1.0 2016-03-15Approval version - Cleaned URLs
- version 0.10 2016-03-06Updated intro to encourage broad participation.
- version 0.9 2016-03-05Updated system OS criteria
- version 0.8 2016-03-04Add trademark symbols
- version 0.7 2016-03-03Change title to 2016
- version 0.6 2016-02-02Many changes from review of 0.0.6
- version 0.5 2016-01-27Many changes from review of 0.0.5 by WGs and BOD
- version 0.4 2016-01-20Added OpenPOWER Ready Graphics
- version 0.3 2016-01-15Added SW, CAPI, IO chapter
- version 0.2 2015-12-08Added more details on intent and process
- version 0.1 2015-10-03Initial draft based on input from OPIO and DEVPLAT Workgroup