Welcome to the era of Open Computing!
The OpenPOWER Foundation is a non-profit organization supporting the free and open RISC instruction set architecture and extensions. We enable open community collaboration, technology advancements in the OpenPOWER ecosystem, and visibility of OpenPOWER successes.
Join us and see how open technical collaboration along with the support of many OpenPOWER programs can help drive your business forward.
The OpenPOWER Foundation is a 501c6 not-for-profit entity with a Board of Directors and a Technical Steering Committee.
- Membership levels provide either a default Board of Director position (Platinum) or an opportunity to be elected to the Board (Gold, Silver, and Associate/Academic members). The Bylaws detail additional governance by the Board including maximum seats, terms, etc.
- The Technical Steering Committee is formed from the Work Group Leads from the core projects and one representative designated by each Platinum member.
OpenPOWER offers a tiered membership of Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Associate/Academic memberships
- Annual fee and dedicated full-time equivalent (FTEs) – verification of committed number of FTEs on honor system
- Contributors, committers, Work Group leads and project leads influence Technical Steering Committee
- Associate/Academic level is not available to corporations
|Membership Level||Annual Fee||FTEs||Technical Steering Committee||Board/Voting Position|
|Platinum||$100k||10||One seat per member not otherwise represented||Includes Board position, includes TSC position|
|Gold||$60k||3||May be on TSC if Work Group lead||Gold members may elect up to one BOD member per three Gold members|
$5k if <300 employees
$0 if < 300 employees and an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) or for Open Source Community Projects
|0||May be on TSC if Work Group lead||One board seat elected by all Silver members|
|Associate and Academic||$0||0||May be on TSC if Work Group lead||May be elected to one community observer, non-voting Board seat|
Fee in US dollars
Become a Member
Corporate and Associate/Academic membership